The Market: A highly successful resident grocery store that specializes in local non GMO and organic foods.
519-538-1522 *Tuesdays- Saturday 9am-6pm *Sunday 11am-4pm *Monday 10am-4pm
Sign up for our veggie basket program!
******Sourcing Priorities for The Barn Co-operative Network
- Wholesome and non-toxic ingredients with an emphasis on identifiable ingredients. Foods that are nourishing, fresh, locally grown, minimally processed or refined, with no additives or preservatives, non-GMO, organic and seasonal.
- Products that support local producers and businesses.
- Products that come from growers with ecologically responsible practices and growers that promote organic or other environmentally sustainable farming practices, providers of heritage varieties and heirloom seeds, with the reduction of dependence on fossil fuels, and that embrace other farming philosophies like biodynamics. Local producers with small-scale innovative trials of unique or innovative products.
- Environmentally responsible packaging which includes minimal or no packaging, and emphasis on bulk foods. Packaging that is reusable, biodegradable, and recyclable.
- Utilizing socially responsible producers and sourcing from other co-ops and nonprofits. Organizations which provide fair wages for workers, have fair trade certification and independent businesses with a strong respect for human rights.
- Alternative dietary options provided which includes sourcing foods appropriate for vegetarians, vegan, people with the specific food intolerance and foods which are certified to religious standards (Kosher).